Friday, January 04, 2008

Wow-- Take 20 minutes and watch this video

I have become much more aware of where my "stuff" comes from. It all began a couple years ago when I began to notice that nearly everything I was buying was made in China. Feeling like the frog being slowly boiled, I decided to seek out products that were specifically not made in China, just to see if it was possible. It's become harder and harder, but can usually be done.

But this video provides a pretty compelling argument that just being aware of where your products are made is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to being a mindful human being.

http://www.storyofstuff.com/

1 comment:

Michael McDaniel said...

I think the presentation is pretty slick, but I kept thinking it was a little TOO slick. Josh Peterson introduced me to the phrase "important if true", and I think it applies perfectly to this presentation. IF the things she says are true, THEN that seems pretty important.